Monday, December 19, 2011

Something Like Seven Minutes of Heaven


Happy Day, chick-a-dees!


It's been an interesting weekend. I am not quite sure how (or WHY) but I had heard as much as you all surely had, about the wonderful rare full moon that was on deck last night.


And, yet, I still spent 22 out of 24 hours yesterday thinking it was still Friday!


Yes, you can shake your head in dismay! I don't get it, either!
But that's what happens to bookworms or rammy pigs* like me.


We get all stuck in our headspace from time to time, calendars be damned.

Well, anyways, I did actually venture out from my home last night, still in "Friday" mode...and it was well after dark.

I haunted three different lady dens (i.e.: strip clubs) with two strapping gentlemen in tow, to see what I've been missing out on!

I like to go to strip clubs randomly every now and again not so much for the boobage, although, sure, boobs can be delightful for what they are....but kind of for technical, observatory reasons.....

Which, if I'm asked a banal, boorishly pedantic question or hear some general comment by friends in tow like,

 "Oooh, it looks busy! The girls must be making BANK!"


I either hold my tongue or throw their head for a tailspin when I reply,

 " Umm...have you seen ANY of those girls get tipped more than three bucks, aside from __________, who looks like she has her regular visiting her in the club right now? And, uh, why is the lap dance room empty?"

 Yes, she's HOT as all hell.

That doesn't mean she made more than whoever is the requisite 'ugmo' in the club tonight.

You're doing what a LOT of the guys here tonight are doing to this slamming, gorgeous gal....

....LOOKING....

But did you comment on her lusciousness while pulling out at a stack of dollars or are you just 'tipping me off' to a fellow hottie, as if that actually DOES something for ME  OR HER?


Whew! Where are my manners?


 I am not often prone to ranting in this way, but this is, truthfully, what I either think or, per chance, SAY when an 'outsider' thinks he can make an educated insider guess as to how a particular club, girl, or TYPE of club is doing.


It's hard to keep quiet.


But usually after giving them that above speech 'just once'...well, they try and compose more meaningful thoughts before speaking on the industry in my presence.

This was surely not meant to come out all mean, so I apologize in advance if any offense is taken whatsoever.

However, I might as well put it out there, no? I promise you I'm tooooootally reeeeeally nice, like 92% of the time.

Promise!

But when something IS on my mind...it tends to come out if I have a direct, personal connection with what is being discussed or, sometimes, even mentioned!

That being said,

I enjoyed all three clubs for what they were and turned my spidey senses off for a bit so that I wouldn't spoil the evening with any off-the-cuff remarks.

A smirk, smile, and light shake of the head (no, no, my dear) is sometimes much more effective than anything else ever could be!


But, yes, I am glad I went.

I'm glad WE went.

And I'm glad that the three clubs were already catalogued in my mind as three of the best clubs in Los Angeles County.


AAAAAnyways!!!
I leave you with a few quotes, for some inspiration, feel-good time, and positive, altruistic reflection.

I hope you love them.


  I hereby present seven more of my ATF quotations:

1) "Gradually, everything that happens in the world is coming to be of interest everywhere in the world. And, gradually, thoughtful men and women everywhere are sitting in judgment upon the conduct of all nations."-Eliha Root

2) "I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better."-Plutarch

3) "The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing."-A German Proverb

4) "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong."-Carl Jung

5) "Love is much like a wild rose---beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense."-Mark Overby

6) "A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."-Margaret Mead

7) "Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind."-Theodore Roosevelt


Time's Up!!!!

Sandra LONDON

*This post was originally written and published on To Live and Grind in L.A. on March 20, 2011.

Check out the latest updates of Live and Grind on: http://www.toliveandgrindinla.com 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting to read this from the woman's perspective. I'm not so sure about the whole lapdance room always being empty form my few experiences. In reality, One thing I love about strip clubs is that a man can get that cool, friendly, attention form a woman. Hell in reality that what men pay for is the attention more than anything else.

    When you think about it a 3 dollar tip times oh 150 men it can add up fast lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam,

    Just now seeing your comment...My apologies!!! I would agree, mostly, with your comments.

    However, from personal experience dancing in more than a few clubs in my dancing career, there were plenty of times where a club could be packed full of guys....watching the stage.....just shy of actually sitting at the stage...and holding their dollars for dear life for the drink specials.....

    This is not to say that some would not ultimately pick a gal or two to spend time chatting with, tipping, buying dances from....

    But a wise dancer quickly learns that a full club does not always equal (at least) $3 from the 150 or so men in the club. A club with alcohol can guarantee that IT will likely make AT LEAST $3, sure! This is to be expected.

    A dancer's earnings can come, in droves, from ONE guy (or gal) customer...sometimes when the dancer has taken a 'maybe later' from 149 of the 150 who funneled through the club that evening....and riiight before she is about to throw in the proverbial towel for the night in a huff....

    And that is not an uncommon occurrence, which is what can ultimately make a string of 'no's worth it in the end....From non-dancing sales jobs I held in college years and the like, this was also the case...

    So keeping your sales acumen in check, even when you deal with denizens of 'window-watchers' is what makes or breaks any person in sales...entertainment IS work...even when it's of the sexier variety!!!

    But, anyways, thank you for your comment and pardon me, once again for my delayed response! xxxo, Sandra LONDON

    ReplyDelete