Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Southern Fairytale

A Southland Fairytale


Perhaps you're familiar with this joke:

Question: How does a traditional fairy tale start?
Answer: Once upon a time.....
Question: How does a Southern fairy tale start?
Answer: "Y'all ain't gonna beLIEVE this sh**!!!


Thursday afternoon, I was given the opportunity to play the role of a hooker on the TNT television series Southland.

Go, me! Right?

There were three other sexy actresses filling the heart- of- gold character roles and an assortment of, let's say,

"exciting/ possibly dangerous/ but super nice and sweet to me and the whole cast and crew so who cares?" featured extras as 'gangstas'.

Thanks for the memories and I hope I get to see you all again!

In fact, I had a grrrreat time, despite the fact that I spent the first hour or so terribly confused.

It was my first time on-location or working in any capacity for the show, so I kinda had to play catch-up as I went along.

And then I got lost again!

Hiding in plain sight, it was profoundly difficult to discern who was what, when, where and why.

And how.

And a whole lotta wtf moments ensued!


Good times... So glad I wasn't the only one looking around positively entranced....

We were literally smack dab in the 'city' of Los Angeles..and well, we're Los Angelenos, so we all look pretty much alike in that,


" Where do I know you from?"



"Are you a friend or a frenemy?"

world that be Hollywood.


I'm still on a hunt for pix from the shoot. Stay tuned!

Other than that, I was able to join Marlboro Man (a name I bestowed upon this lovely, fascinating creature) and Tommy Gunn at Brixton  in Redondo Beach to watch Big Noize:

"An All-Star band featuring Carlos Cavazo of Quiet Riot and Ratt, Vinny Appice of Black Sabboth, Dio and Ozzy, Joe Lynn Turner of Deep Purple and Rainbow, and Phill Soussan of Ozzy, Jimmy Paige, Vince Neil and Billy Idol."

Good times, yet again!

Although, y'all ain't gonna beLIEVE this sh**!!!


I got sooo lost on the way there.


Since Hermosa, Manhattan, and Redondo are thisclosetogether,
I miscalculated exactly how far from the actual venue I should park.

Therefore, after, say, walking ten-or-so odd blocks in the dark of night, still wearing a lot of my earlier garb (but with velour pants on to cover up my fishnets!),

I made it after crying unc and hailing a cab near the Crowne Plaza hotel.

And, "No, thank you" mister whoever- you- were, for being oh-so-kind to offer me a ride to the show from your vehicle ever so fervently while I was en route.

And, "Yes! Thank YOU, Perky" for being my phone-friend the whole long, solitary stroll to Brixton.


Do I look like a hooker to you or something?!?!?!?!

Oh, wait. Don't answer that!*grins*


Cheers and Jeers,
SANDRA LONDON

P.S.: Read more about Big Noize at: http://www.myspace.com/abignoize
*Originally published on January 29, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment